Skip to main content

Day 10

Enrico Fermi School / BDR bureau

hello people, 

Today's project is a very special one, I had a good time reading and analyzing it. It's that kind of project where you feel the value of architecture and its impact on society and everyday life. This project is an example of how architecture thrives from the community and how it reflects its benefits. 

Well, let's get into the project.

The site was occupied by the school building since 1960 and the need for an extension has raised additional questions about How can a community regain a school and as a result how can a school regain a community. This project is an answer to that question. 

the school building, 2005

The architect worked on a series of principles that rely on reorganizing the existing and adding additional elements. 
1- reorganizing the backyards of the school to be a park that creates relations with the city.
2- extend the public sphere to the ground floor by creating public functions like a library and gym. 
3- adding a steel frame that wrapped the facades of the building, creating a semi-open/public space for the students 
4- re-organizing the atrium to create a recreational and collective space. 
a diagram of the Zeitgeist of the space

References: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12

Ternion Villas / Studio Toggle Hello, snowman,  hope you're doing fine I'm really not getting ArchDaily's algorithm of choosing projects, like how often they change the featured projects and how they choose it. Well, today I made my own choice.  After analyzing the work market, I figured that most of the jobs are residential projects in Arab bay, therefor I started seeking projects in the field, and I ended up working on designing a villa's facade in Saudi Arabia. After this short story, I think you figured out today's project. It is a villa in Kuwait. I need to get familiar with their design codes, So BEAR with me.  Well, let's get into the project. The project site that is located near the bay's threshold, is made of three villas. the main design criteria are creating introverted climate-controlled spaces. The masses are divided according to the wind, sun, and view. The living spaces like the kitchen and the living room are located on the ground floor arou

Day 20

St. Andrews Girls Hostel / Zero Energy Design Lab Hello, ambitious who started the week doing sport.  hope you're feeling healthy! Today I started learning kickboxing, unsurprisingly I'm writing to you people using two fingers only :'). so I decided to hear my body and take the rest of the evening off.  But I had already started something.   let's see!  Today's project takes place in India's industrial and technological hub. Gurugram held in many universities and institutions which resulted in the need for dorms. This one hosts rooms for 130 female students. The main concept is to create a public space facade - a smaller scale of the Pompidou center - and connect it to different common shared function that is distributed along with the different levels.  The project is really interesting but has a lot of technical principles that I cannot conduct know. The facade is made out of brick that rotates according to the sun to create thermal and visual comfort space. 

Day 9

Friendship Hospital Satkhira / Kashef Chowdhury/URBANA hello people, First, let give ArchDaily a thanks note for their featured building today. After hopeless days finally, today's building is interested. It was my first time reading about a building in Bangladesh. Finding this beautiful hospital in a rural area has raised a small hope inside me.  Z. note : Today I tried an alternative method in reading the project, I tried to find the principles behind the structure, developing principles that are related to the context of the site and the function of the building could be really critical, but,  you know,  that is the fun part of the design process.  Z. note:  I used a more diagrammatic representation method today. Although I really enjoyed you guys my ghost army and although I started this blog for myself. The need for people's approval is pushing me to promote this blog by opening an Instagram page. Well, let's get into the project. The 8 bedrooms hospital site was donat