Skip to main content

Day 2 - SA43 Apartments

Case 2: SA43 Apartments / Numbernow studio + Balázs Szelecsényi

Hi again, 

Today was a very busy day, I've got a lot of things to do but thank God Archdaily's featured project for today was fun and easy. 

The project is a residential project in Budapest, before I started analyzing the project, I had a google earth tour in the city, and God I've loved it, a typical European city with beautiful architecture and nature experience, I have to say that half of the tour was me being amazed by the tall trees.

Z. note: Like I've said previously, through this experience I'm willing to try a different representation technique in seek of finding my own language, therefore, today I tried DRAWING.

Well, let's get into the project.

The site's critical points are having a triangular-shape, two main roads from the east and the west, and a lot of trees. Those points led the architects to design a pentagon-shaped mass that narrows at the north and broadens at the south.



The interior layout was designed according to the sun and the view, Living areas were placed in the south, while bedrooms were in the east and west and the service area was placed in the south. 

The openings were chosen according to the function and the direction of the room.








The most beautiful thing about the building was the ability to blend in with nature surrounding the site, the facade material and openings were all chosen to respect trees.



References :

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...