Skip to main content

Day 4 - Student Services Building

Student Services Building / CO Architects

Hi guys, 

Today I noticed that I've been focusing too much on how to represent the project more than trying to understand and enjoy the process. Therefore you are lucky today because you're going to see THE REAL sketches from THE REAL sketchbook. If I want to be honest through this challenge then I should start to show the real process that I go through when I analyze and study projects. 

Well, let's get into the project.

Today's project is a student services building at CalPoly University, I started by taking a tour in google earth, here I found that the university takes place along the main axis of the city, where museums, airport, industrial and commercial areas take place.


The project's main concept relay on creating a corridor that connects the university's buildings together along with creating a new public space for students and academics to enjoy.


While cycling through google earth, I noticed that the axis of the corridor takes place in the same axis that connects the east and south part of the university which increases the idea of this building as a gate to the university. 



The building contains two structures that share the same roof along with a corridor, the roof was designed in an organic shape that relates to the mountains and hills of the area, besides that It's passive solar design heşps reduce the thermal loads, maximize good quality
daylight and protect the facade from direct sun. 


Relation of the building with its surroundings 

References: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...