Skip to main content

Day 6

Porcuna Parish Center / Pablo Millán

hello architects, 

Today's project was very fun to analyze. In fact, these types of projects that got me into architectural school. Projects that are born from the city, that use its elements and articulate with its history. 

This project that takes place in the historical part of Porcuna city is an expansion of the parish dependencies.

Project site 

Well, I think why I loved today's project is obvious. I really believe that the beauties of architecture appear in the organic fabric of historical cities. where surprises wait for you in every corner, you pass and every alley you walk. Where the meaning of moments finds its roots.
Even If you never been to or lived in these types of cities, know that your soul misses them because these types of places we read and feel with our collective human nature. 

Well, I blabbered too much, let's get into the project.

As the city's fabric in constant change, the question of what is permanent has been in the architect's minds for a long time. Aldo Rossi in his book "the architecture of the city", says that urban spaces are permanent. In this project, we can see an example of that. 
For the architects, they want to conserve the space in this site by creating a rigid shape courtyard. The courtyards are defined as through rib vaulted alleys. Those alleys circulate the users into the rooms. 


References:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...