Skip to main content

Day 28

The Noor e Mobin G2 Primary School / FEA Studio

Hello, night owls,
hope you're awake for you and only you. 

Today I was looking for architectural competitions, I came across a pre-school design competition in Ethiopia. Although I didn't decide yet if I want to participate or not, I started small research.

As I was scrolling through Archdaily's project. I was stopped by a school designed in Iran. If you follow architectural news you should be familiar with how many talented architects Iran had offered in the last decade. 

Let me be honest, at first, I admired the project, the pictures did reflect a cozy spirit, but as I was analyzing it I started seeing some lost pieces. 

Well, let's start. 

The project is the second site that was designed in Noor-e Mobin educational complex. One of the missing pieces was this complex. planned to built in a rural area near Bastam city in Iran. No resources talked about this project except a site diagram that divided the land in a functional way. This kind of project could attract a residential flow and if it's not planned rationally, It could cause real problems.  


Back to the school. The architects and the clients believed that education could be fulfilled through an open space system. where functions like classrooms, laboratories, etc..,  are not trapped in a single building but are distributed along the site, weaving together the open and closed spaces to create a small neighborhood. 

mass distributions

I may have missed up scales in the sketch, but another missing piece could be seen here. There are no specific principles, you can't catch a pattern and there is no gradual relation between close and open space. 

I should not neglect that this is a non-profit organization project, you know low budgets




References:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...