Skip to main content

Day 33

Vigna Maggiore / Orma Architettura

Hello strangers,
Are we friends yet. 

For new followers, let get something straight, this part of the blog is dedicated to my daily nagging habit, if you want, you can skip immediately to the project. Today's project is a spa located on Corsica island in France. A small tour through google earth made me choose where I want to quarantine for the next 7 years. Yes, you read right some studies are predicting 7 years until life get back to normal :(

Corsica everybody!


The site takes place upon the hillside, facing the mediterranean sea and surrounded by farming lands and olive trees. I draw a little sketch to understand the spirit of the place. let's admit I'm killing the sketching game :')





In this project, we can acknowledge the client's desire to characterize the land through architecture, to create an artifact that blends with its surroundings. this desire is reflected in the concept to create an enclave that fragments the landscape of the area. 

The structure is made of two parts :
- The first one is a heavy structure, made of rammed concrete and contain the functions of the spa
- The second one is a light structure, made of concrete, creating a pathway that frames the landscape and organizes the open space. 

Killing the collage game too :)


References:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...