Skip to main content

Day 45 - 60-minute challenge

Nordeste Curuguaty Offices / Mínimo Común Arquitectura

➨ Function: Office buildings
➨ Location: Curuguaty, Paraguay
➨ Area: 240 m2

Hello responsible people
Stop hating on the exams :')

Primitive hut
I'm almost done, my exam is in two days and I'm going to return to my research routine, this 60-minute challenge is killing all the fun, I'll admit I'm cheating a little, I haven't started the timer yet; you know why, I can't nag if I have only 1 hour to finish everything and It's our routine to cry before writing :')

Well, let's start

That was quick. Only 15 minutes passed. But I'm ready to write about this project. Just when we thought that I'll never fall in love again, well, I did. This project is my new sweetheart. 
It's an example of how architecture can be freed from all the consumptive aspects, that we still can go back to our primitive nature and the primitive hut, to design only what we need and to use what we got, this what this project present. 


Do you see the smiling angel in the photo, yes that is our project, It's an office building that takes place between the agricultural lands of Curuguaty city in Paraguay?
The project has five simple design principles:
1- Mark the territory by elevating a platform from the ground
2- Built a catenary that creates shadows, collects water, and controls the wind
3- Built walls using bricks made of earth and cement
4- Add a parasol made of earth bricks only for sun protection and privacy
5- Create a water system that takes the collected water and pumps it to pipes
for cooling and humid

* See, that's it, that is architecture 



Well, I need to go back to solve mathematical problems :')
take care

References:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...