Skip to main content

Day 51

New Brick Daycare Center / se\arch Architekten

➨ Function: Kindergarten
➨ Location: Stuttgart, Germany
➨ Area: 1550 m2

Hello guys,
hope you're doing great

Today's project was the first of its kind in this blog, It was the first time I analyze a daycare, I do believe in the importance of daycare existing in every neighborhood, they are the kind of building that should be available within 5 minutes walk distance. Along with the need for parents for daycare, It is also important for children at that age to engage with their peers. 

So how the design of daycare should be? Let's find out 

The daycare takes place in a dense residential neighborhood, In a small tour in google earth, we can see that the building's facades are characterized by gable roofs, dormer flushes, and small windows. looking at the daycare we can see that this character is represented in the facade too. In this way the daycare created a visual relationship with the neighborhood which will reflect on the kid's relationship with the daycare, It will be like their second home. 



The principles that were taken in the interior design reflect the kind of space the architects want to create for kids. The decision of keeping the walls uncovered will let the children develop their touching sense. besides the walls, an inner garden was designed to offer the kids an open space which is important for development. 



References: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...