Skip to main content

Project 69 - Fuster House

Fuster House / arqbag

➨ Function: House
➨ Location: La Noguera, Spain
➨ Area: 359 m2

Hello artists,
Hope you're following your instinct. 

Today we will be looking at a restoration project that takes place in an old Catalonian village, The village that is known for its stone house has been facing a lot of collapsing problems, therefore the need of restoring these houses and preserving their cultural value was emergent.  

Let's start 

The existing building is located around an old fortified town square, It was declared as local heritage, therefore, the challenge was to design a house with respect to the pre-exciting elements like the load-bearing stone walls. 


The solution that the architects followed was to design an inside concrete box that supports the stone walls, the box was designed in a grid of six small boxes that connected the four facades. One of these boxes was emptied to generate a 3-story patio for natural lighting and ventilation. 


References: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Whitney Museum / Marcel Breuer Hello guys, Today I was so busy, designing a fence for a rich Arab, therefore I wasn't able to start yet, but I have already chosen the topic earlier this day, so let's see what can we produce at this hour.  Since I was a kid I never liked museums. The exhibited elements always made me feel sad, maybe because I come from a background of a group of people crying on the glories of the past, which subconsciously made me hate anything that reminds me of the past. Well, we will never know. Earlier this day, I was attending an online lecture about the center Pompidou, the professor reflected how in this museum the exhibited elements are not tangible stuff, but It was the different kinds of activities, events, and people that were brought together from different spaces in the city. Here we see a spectacle of the mass and their daily lives. What affected me here that the museum is not necessarily a closed envelope of lost moments, but more a part of our ...

Project 71 - The Floating Church

The Floating Church / Denizen Works ➨  Function : Church ➨  Location:  London, England ➨  Area:  45 m2 Hello sad people Don't lose your hope.  Today's project is a little different, It doesn't have a site but a mission, It's a boat that aims to connect community centers along the canal, every 5 years the boat will change its site and will sail in front of one of the 5 community centers that take place along the canal. The boat interior was designed in a way to adopt different events such as a church, art classes, and live music events. Most of the interior's details and cladding materials were inspired by the sail's stitching.  References:  Archdaily Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Edit Edit in Ginger Edit in Ginger × Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection or reload the browser Disable in this text field Rephrase Rephrase curre...

Day 13

Querencia Neighborhood Facility / L'eau Design + Dongjin Kim  ➨  Function : Community center ➨  Location:  Seoul, South Korea ➨  Area:  459 m2   Hello dwellers, hope you're living in places that represent you.  Today was full of beautiful coincidences, a series of meaningful signs that relate to the day's project. After a long time tripped in my house at a glass skyscraper, today, I visited a neighborhood. I walked through its alleys, I took a photo of an old byzantine wall and I had a coffee on a bench in front of a mosque. I grew up in a neighborhood, my soul and my spirit are familiar with its intimate relations. living in a Metropol could make us forget but this pandemic helped us reach out to our inner child.  Well, It's getting personal, let's get into the project. If you're wondering what has my brief trip to do in today's project, well, it is a community center; It is a place where all the residents of the neighborhood are welcomed. W...